Monday, July 09, 2007

4 days and 2000k's

We don’t do things in halves around this place. Got 4 days? Lets go to Brisvegas! We didn’t just get up and decide to go, we did have a reason (MIL’s 60th) but we thought we might drive it being that it was going to cost us $700 to fly - which is slightly ludicrous in this day and age of super cheap fares.
So I am now officially beat - it doesn’t help to start the trip with only 4 hours sleep, and that 4 hours wasn’t even restful as I lay in bed worrying that I hadn’t finished all my work. One day I will go on a holiday where I won’t come back as exhausted as I was when I left. 

Luckily, I love to drive. Love love love it. Would love it even more if I didn’t have to play dodge the caravan all the way (why do you always catch up to them just as the overtaking lane is ending? WHY?). The most unpleasant part was between Tweed Heads and Brunswick Heads where the new freeway is almost finished. We hit the traffic at the place where it joins the Tweed section as we were going south. Wondering what was holding us up as we sat in bumper to bumper, we finally found out when we reached the spot where it starts at Brunswick Heads over an hour later (a trip which usually takes about 15 - 20 mins). Yes folks, someone in their infinite wisdom decided today would be a fantastic day to open the new section. But not to cars mind you, well that wouldn’t be any fun would it? Lets open it up to pedestrian traffic! Lets have jumping castles on it, stilt walkers and even protesters. But how will we get everyone onto it? Well, what we might do is get a couple of dudes holding stop signs and stop the traffic intermittently to let people cross the Pacific Highway. That would be the main road south. I think they bought the Nimbin council in on this bright spark of an idea. The poor lollipop men were getting an earful from every passing driver (I think they must have been from Nimbin too, they seemed pretty relaxed about the whole ideal. A little TOO relaxed, if you know what I mean.)

On the way back we stopped overnight in Coffs, because if you have ever travelled long distance in a car with young kids you will know how stopping every now and then is the only path to sanity. We went for a wander down to the beach (where there seemed to be a huge amount of stones, I thought I was in the UK again) and thought this would be a nice place to show off the clap.



The stats are 1 and 1/2 balls of 2ply Ruby and Lana 100% wool on 2.5mm. It's looking almost orange in this pic - the colour is closer to the top one.



As always, Clap’s are pretty cruisy as knitting goes. Once you get into the flow they are perfect for TV and even Stitch n Bitch knitting. Speaking of SnB I managed to get along to Ruby & Lana’s last weekend which was a rarity for me (well, these days anyway). Lots of new faces, in fact it has gotten so big that after the store closes we head to the nearby cafe for lunch (which, by the way, was pretty darn good). Lots of laughs, lots of gossip, it felt good to be amongst other knitters again!

And I am currently on a roll, I have done 4 of 17 repeats using Crack to make Wisp - so far it’s pretty pain free. Famous last words...

Oh and one last thing, thanks to everyone for their lovely comments in the my last post - good to know I'm not forgotten!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

The clap looks PERFECT! I love the colour. Must get me to ruby and lana's one day...

3:38 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course you're not forgotten. It's good to have you back, both online and at R & L.

4:50 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home