Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Huh...

I will be back soon with more to say I promise, but I just had to share this little tit-bit with you.

I am done on the length of the Print O' the Wave stole that is not a stole but a scarf.
Clearly I did not think this 'change a stole to a scarf' plan through, because in order to get it to scarf length I had to do 40 repeats instead of the recommended 14... (you lace knitters will know where I am going with this).
Next step in the pattern is to pick up sts around the edge to do the edging.

By my calculations, I only have to pick up a mere 1226 sts...

...no that is not a typo.

Butterfly is looking mighty tempting right about now.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

BLECHHHHHHH.

9:46 am

 
Blogger knitabulous said...

Hehehehehe,


To quote an old nike tagline - just do it. Every stitch is a stitch less to do.

11:27 pm

 
Blogger Austysmum said...

Oh my - not a fun job! Could you possibly create a similar edging as a separate piece and stitch it on? Might be a bit easier than picking up that many stitches *and counting them a hundred times to make sure you have the right number!)

7:53 am

 
Blogger knitabulous said...

Have you considered a crochet edge?

5:12 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home