Saturday, May 27, 2006

Return of the MJ





I was finishing up Little Man's super funky ear flap hat the other day (it was a super fast knit, love that) (and also, huge on him! but at least it will last more than a week) and DH walks past and says 'see, that's why you need to make me another jumper, you finish things too fast'.

Pardon me?

Do we remember the saga of the Monster Jumper? Aye aye aye.

And so begins the Big Search for what will hopefully not turn into Monster Jumper version 2. And I confess that I uh.... don't like the current Monster Jumper. It's grown too much (damn that horizontal rib) and pilled like a... horrible pilling jumper. In fact I don't like it so much that DH is not allowed to wear it outside the house. So I REALLY don't want this jumper to turn into a housebound jumper. Years ago I knit this (looking crumpled) from Rowan magazine 23. Let me tell you, knitting a jumper in 4ply cotton for a 6'5" man is damn hard work. Especially when you have to read a chart.

I was thinking Leo... can you say sucker for punishment.

Aye aye aye. Any suggestions?

I had a brainwave the other day while walking past my stash. I saw this ball that I had dyed and thought 'hey that would look great if I could incorporate it into the quilt, a la six and a half stitches. So this bit of Jaywalker is going smack bang in the middle of it. I'm hoping it works a treat, if it doesn't then I'm sure I'll find some use for it. Look at those stripes! Pretty darn good for a bit of kool-aid dyeing!

4 Comments:

Blogger Rain said...

What a great hat! He looks so cute in it too.

5:54 pm

 
Blogger Stitchingmum said...

Little Man is just way. too. cute. !!!!! Gorgeous hat - some of your handspun?? And does the Inca pill that badly? Ugh, maybe I need a tighter gauge......

11:54 pm

 
Blogger celia said...

The hat's really cute. What yarn did you use? Did you mention it and I just miss it??

5:14 pm

 
Blogger Meg said...

How cute, he looks ready for the winter!
Leo...yes, you are a big sucker for punishment!!!
Really, it's a beautiful jumper when it's finished. You will be 5x3 ribbing in your sleep though!

10:14 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home