Tuesday, May 16, 2006

My brain might fry

I think I might frog Butterfly.
I have finished DH's socks, but what to do next.
Man, that Butterfly sure did take a while.
Maybe I should do a bag and felt it.
Hey, what's that? Oh yeah I already am. French Market 'knit for eternity, and then knit some more' Bag.
And you know Butterfly, did I mention I did the bottom fringe section 4 TIMES.
Hmm, maybe something else in Crack Silk Haze.
Um, Butterfly. FROGGED 4 TIMES CAUSE THAT DAMN FUZZ KEPT FALLING OFF THE NEEDLES.
But there is such a pretty shawl in Rowan 38.
FROGGED. 4. TIMES. MUCH. SWEARING.
Oh hang on, I don't do shawls
Or maybe a sock? Nah, over the socks for the minute.
.....
Maybe I should keep going with Butterfly.
....
Maybe I am slightly mental.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Butterfly makes me feel the same way. For a while it caused complete knitting melt down. I'm still trying to recover in fact. I think you either love the pattern or you don't...

3:22 am

 
Blogger Meg said...

hmmm, how about something COMPLETELY different?

9:28 am

 
Blogger knitabulous said...

Be warned about the RIVER! I have heard so many stories of how boring it was to knit it nearly drove people insane.

Print 'o the wave (for example) is a gorgeous lace pattern, you could just cast on a number of repeats and away you go. Or any other lace pattern for that matter - effect similar to river but won't drive you mental. Or mentall-er, as the case may be (wink!).

I don't wear shawls either but I sling them in strategic places when non-knitting friends come over. They are still a joy to knit.

I also love love love the Butterfly but would never wear it. Can you imagine what this garment would feel like (even over a silky thing) on a humid 30+ day, or night for that matter??

IMHO kidsilk haze looks great in a wrap cardi style in an open knit.

Looking forward to finding out what you're doing next.

2:32 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home