Friday, May 19, 2006

Driven to sewing

Yes it has gotten to that. Today I sat at the sewing machine and did actual sewing type activities (I say 'type' activities as my sewing can hardly be classified as something useful).
So what has driven me to the sewing machine? Butter-$^&*%!ING-fly. See, I can only talk about it using expletives.

I thought I could continue on it. I thought, the chart is easier than the frill, it should be ok. Lets just talk about the chart. It would be fine if I was, say, an ANT as I think I might need the Hubble telescope to read it. I know, I can get it photocopied bigger, but I am far to lazy to go finding somewhere to do that so I would rather complain about it instead.

I thought, heh I can memorise that chart, it's pretty easy....

So how come I get to the end of the 4th row in the repeat and end up with 2 more sts than I started with?

I perservered, frogged it AGAIN (again with the frogging of the mohair, I know I bring it on myself. It's not like I don't have ample experience in that arena) picked up the 71 sts AGAIN got to the fourth row AGAIN. So that's where we sit. I am too scared to count it to see if I have those extraneous sts on the needles. It's hiding in the yarn room (oh how I wish I had enough to fill a room) (well, I do but it's for customers, not me) (sob). I'm pretending it's not there.

So, the sewing. The other day I went to the quilt store (a store that I previously only visited as they also have a small selection of (crap) yarn and needles in hard to get sizes. How strange was it to be in a quilt store for actual quilting materials!) Anyway, I got the backing and the batting for the quilt. Oh, and the other day when I was at Ikea (second favourite place to visit, yarn stores being the first of course) I got some fab fabric to put on the quilt (fourth one along in the pic). So, the backing is all washed, drying on the line so I hope to start on that this weekend. Today's sewing was the Wee-Bunny from Hillary (which looked fab... for about 5 mins until Little Man took it out into the dirt. And now I have to resew it as the base is coming apart) (I did tell you I am CRAP at sewing). And also made an apron for Little Man to paint in, just made it up as I went along. It came out a treat. I hope to get some pics tomorrow in the daylight.

And where does this leave me with the knitting? Well, I'm thinking either an Ear Flap Hat for Little Man (we are visiting inland NSW next month so pretty darn cold) or Drake the Dreaded. I'm leaning towards the hat, just cause I don't think I could do the hard pattern thing now after all the grief with the 'garment who shall not be named' (unless there's a swear word involved.)

On a baby note (no not me), congrats to Sharon on her newest creation! I'm sure there will be lots more news and pics from her when she has a second to stop.

2 Comments:

Blogger knottygnome said...

i've had the same problems with butterfly. i cannot tell you how many times i've tried to knit it without success. i picked it as my amazing lace project for this summer b/c i'm a glutton for punishment. good luck persevering!

12:14 am

 
Blogger sheep#100 said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! Fuzzy Orange Bear - cute blog name.

9:29 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home