Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Du-BLING, Jetlag and general musings

I am tired.

Tired to the bone.

I don't think I have felt this tired since I was pregnant... no, I'm not pregnant (although there certainly is something in the water in Aussie blogland of late). But you know the kind of tired I'm talking about? When exhaustion feels like it's weighing you down like a bigball of scratchy yarn? I don't know why I am feeling so tired, yesterday and Monday I felt absolutely fine, minimum jet lag, went to work and everything. Bright as a button. Today? Feels like a Mac truck has knocked me down.

And to add to the weary feeling, I have NOTHING ON THE NEEDLES. Nothing. Zip. Nada. This is truly a sad state of affairs. And also, I am currently visiting a place that is well known to me, End of Project confusion. You know, as I get to this juncture at the end of every project, I am beginning to realise why I have all the confusion. Too much choice. Too many things to knit. Too much inspiration, from books, blogs, websites. I have this problem in yarn stores too, like I don't know where to look. It's overwhelming, all that colour and texture. Sensory overload, and more often than not I come out with nothing. Maybe I should join in on Use your Stash Month but it may take me a whole month to decide what to knit. Then I'll get frustrated cause I'll find a pattern that I like but nothing in my stash would be appropriate, then I'll end up back in the LYS with my sensory overload issues, then I'd be back to square one. A vicious circle I tell you. If anyone has any bright ideas I'm all open to suggestions.

Anyway, onto Dubai, or should I say Du-bling! What a place, such wealth just flashed about the place with wild abandon. Gold! Big expensive cars! Big expensive buildings! The largest shopping centers I've ever seen (complete with snow and ski slopes, as you do). But surprisingly, not very expensive to visit. Accommodation, moderately expensive, but buying stuff? Cheap as chips. And the people, friendly as anything and Little Man was a big hit with the locals, not a surprise as he always charms everyone everywhere he goes. We had a great time, alas no yarn to be found.

I'll leave you now with a couple of pictures that make me smile.





Now doesn't every mother dream of their children reading yarn magazines and pointing out what he wants?

p.s. I hear you out there muttering about unfinished Olympic knits. Surely I have aired enough of my issues in this post to be going on about my blocking issues as well...
p.p.s I just looked at my blog and noticed I do have something on the needles, French Market Bag. We'll just ignore that one, all that knit knit knit may just push this weary body over the edge by boring me senseless.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh I am jealous that you have nothing on the needles! I have so many! I did get it down to 4 and now its hiked back up again! I so have to do something about that.

Isnt it cute when the little ones go through your knitting mags/books and request things?

Hope you are feeling better soon. I went through a tired stage a few months ago!

Katt

9:06 pm

 
Blogger Meg said...

I think jetlag can skip days just like some genetic conditions skip generations. It doesn't help that the days are getting noticeably shorter at the moment.
Why are you having blocking woes with your olympic project? Is it too late to just leave it unblocked?
I do think picking up FMB in your jetlagged state could be dangerous. You need to stop, revive, survive before getting back on the road with that one!

9:16 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. I've never knit a shawl before.... look pretty, but I'm not patient enough to follow most lace charts.
So good to find ya again!

2:39 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home