Sunday, March 05, 2006

Cold, but no rain... yet.

How good is my husband?
The man knows how to make me happy on my birthday.



Yes dear readers, THREE issues of Rowan mag. I might faint from excitement.
But that is not the extent of the presents for the birthday, especially not when it's the over-the-hill type birthday. I found a fab little place that custom blends perfumes, sounds just right for a big birthday to me. Oh and there's the little town called Dubai that we will be stopping at on the way home that just happens to be the center of the world of all things gold...

So, I have said ciao to Italy and am now saying 'oi!' and 'wot?' in the land of expensive everything. Luckily there where savings to be had on the Rowan mags, at almost half of what we pay for them at home. But the cost to even get to the place to buy the mags? We may have to take a loan out to pay for it. I have visited a couple of yarn places, one being John Lewis (just Rowan Jaeger and Debbie Bliss there) and Liberty (I love visiting Liberty) (oh and just Rowan, Jaeger and Debbie Bliss there. I sense a feeling of de ja vu). I hope to get to Loop sometime this week, I probably won't be dropping any cash in there (as all my savings would have gone on the tube ride to get there) unless something SPECTACULAR catches my eye.

Some knitting has been done, slowly but surely. Did I hear you say Knitting Olympics? Well I may have been KO'd on the old KO. About halfway thru the 16 days, somewhere in amongst scoffing another bowl of pasta and dragging myself home at 5am I decided that I just might not make it. Especially since I was no where near half way through the knit. So I have about a quarter to go on it, this is not including the blocking (blurgh) and sewing (double blurgh). I see Miss Moggy managed herself a gold (and I'm sure many other bloggers that I read did too, but I haven't gotten that far on the blog reading front yet.) Well done Donni!

Next on the needles, some mittens for Little Man. The only DPNs I have with me are only big enough for sock yarn, and as I happen to have some left over Lorna's Laces with me I think there maybe some socks for mum and matching mittens for son action going on. Next step, matching jumpers for the whole family (I'm sure I have a Lion Brand pattern for that somewhere...)

2 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

Don't be put off by the blocking and sewing of BY Leaves - it's minimal, really!
It was good to hear of your whereabouts. Happy birthday!!

9:05 am

 
Blogger knitabulous said...

Liberty. John Lewis. Penhaligons (that's my favourite perfume house). Neal's Yard. Karen Millen. Hobbs. I am so jealous.

6:56 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home