Monday, February 20, 2006

Leaves and Snow

So here we are, 7 days to go and I tell you I am BEAT. Working 21 days straight on a night shift where you aren't in the time zone you come from or the even the time zone of the country you are in is damn hard work. Even when I get home early some nights (early being 3am) I am wide awake until about 5am. The things we do for sport!

All is going well in the land of pizza and pasta (can I say I don't think I have had a meal WITHOUT cheese and or bread in it since I got here. I never thought I would yearn for a plate of chops and vegies. Or even better, roast mmmmmmmm).

All is moving along on my maybe-a-silver-medal knit. Not quite halfway and thinking that the top podium won't be achieved. But I am getting better at the chart, not having to refer to it as much, which is what I wanted to achieve. Usually when I do a chart I rewrite the whole thing in long hand (yes I am a freak) as all the dots, crosses, lines and what have you send me crosseyed. But I'm getting there, slowly but surely.



Oh cool, it's snowing outside!! It snowed a week before we arrived and apparently that had been the first time it had snowed in 7 years in the town. So our hopes for snow while we are here have been low, but looky outside! Snow!! Sorry, all the pics I took aren't showing it. Pooey, hopefully if it selttles I'll get some pics of it later.

5 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

You are going great guns for someone who is completely outside the realm of time zones! My household is thinking of you each evening when we tune into the highlights show!

2:06 pm

 
Blogger celia said...

Hi
been watching 'your work':)
is that backyard leaves I see? what yarn? see you in a few weeks!

celia

2:44 pm

 
Blogger Stitchingmum said...

I know it's work for you, but I'm still soooooo jealous, lol!!! Can't believe you've already been there as long as you ahve, won't be long before you're back home!! Thanks for the updates, keep 'em coming!!

5:03 pm

 
Blogger the stripey tiger said...

Go taryn, Go Taryn !!! Ra Ra Ra!!! I'm finding the cheering very encouraging!! :-)

5:08 pm

 
Blogger Unknown said...

what do you mean, only pizza and pasta?
no brasato di manzo? no cotolette alla milanese? no filetto al pepe verde? no saltinbocca alla romana? no bistecca alla fiorentina? no maiale al latte?
boy, you have been running with the wrong crowd!
and no veggies? Italy has the best vegetables in the world!

4:45 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home