Friday, December 02, 2005

So, uh, when can I book?

I just wanna see Harry. Not a big ask, is it? I mean there is one billion sessions at the cinema, and we have La Premiere gift vouchers (that are almost expired, so they gotta be used soon) so we are using them to see Harry.

But can I get some kind of useful information from the "staff" (and I use the term loosely) at the cinema?

Monday: Me - 'So Hi, I'm looking on your website and I see there is a session next Monday at 8pm, could I book using my vouchers for that session please?'
Stupid "staff" member no. 1 - 'uh, no we don't have a session at that time'.
Me - 'well you have it on the website'
SSM1 - 'are you looking at the right cinema?'
getting irate me - 'well it has your cinema location written next to it so I guess I am'
SSM1 - 'oh, well there is no session at that time'
deep breaths me - 'ok then, how about 7.15?'
SSM1 - 'oh sorry, no session then either....'

So eventually we find a time that suits, but I have to ring our friends to see if it's fine with them (as they are looking after Little Man for us that night) so I tell SSM1 that I will call back. In the meantime I discuss our options with DH and sensing that getting our friends here early enough to make an earlier movie and give Little Man a bit of 'getting used to them' time is going to be a bit of a task. So how about Sunday? Maybe the 11th?

Me - 'Hi, am I able to book for a session on the 11th?'
Stupid "staff" member no. 2 - 'yes no problems'
me - 'so for the 2pm session'
SSM2 - 'oh we don't have a session at this time'
me, sensing a feeling of de ja vu - 'right. How about 1.30?'
SSM2 - 'sorry no session at that time either'
me, wondering why these people even BOTHER with a website telling people about session times that don't even exist - '12.45?'
SSM3 - 'yes we have a session at that time'
me - 'ok great, can I book please'
SSM2 - 'so that was the 4th?'
me - "no the 11th'
SSM2 - 'oh sorry you can't book that far ahead, try ringing back on Wednesday when we have the session times for the next week'.....

So, I finally get a chance to call back on Friday. You can guess how this one will go.

Me - 'Hi, calling to book a session to see Harry on the 11th'
Stupid 'staff' member 3 - 'on the 11th? no sorry you can't book that far ahead, you have to call back next Wednesday'
me - 'ok well someone on Monday told me that I could book for that date from this Wednesday and being Friday I thought all would be ok'
SSM3 - 'no sorry, try next Wednesday'
me - 'ok, will it still be in the La Premiere cinema then?'
SSM3 - 'yes, but it won't be playing as many sessions as before'
me thinking - 'so based on my previous experience of trying to book for the PLETHORA of session times you have available, there will probably be a total of 2 session times I could choose from?'

So APPARENTLY I'll be seeing Harry, sometime. Maybe.

When does the DVD come out?

promise some knitting content very soon, I have knitting morning tomorrow, I might even start on some socks!! You know for that KAL I'm running? What a novelty!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We went to our local Greater Union to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. We arrived about half an hour before the movie, there's no-one at the ticket booth. Just a sign saying you have to go to the candy bar to buy tickets. Turn around, and there is *one* girl at the candy bar. It's Tuesday (cheap tickets) in the school holidays. And the girl was either new, or just plain stupid. She had to sell tickets, food and the internet "express" tickets. Never again. She stuffed up our popcorn order, overcharged us, told us we had to get our own drinks, (Thats for slurpees, and we didn't actually order slurpees), and we missed the first 5 minutes of the movie. Now we go to the one a bit further away.
We might see harry tonight if the kid behaves herself today. (Considering how hormonally challenged she is right now - not likely!)

10:10 am

 
Blogger celia said...

U poor thing..
I hope you get to use your tickets soon. well, you know when I return and I don't mind baby sitting the little man if he's going to be in bed any way, so gve me a holler if you need some emergency baby sitting services. :) I'll pop by if I am not otherwise engaged (now that spinning is early done for the year, that's not likely.

4:14 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home