Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Am I insane?

You know, most people for their first lace project will choose something easy, possibly knit it with a nice sturdy yarn, ease themselves into it.

You should know by now that I am not most people.

I like to chose the hardest lace project I can, knit with yarn that is akin to knitting with furry dental floss and have my child scribble all over the pattern so I have to peer thru the pen markings all over the page to read something akin to a mathematics equation.

Please tell me blocking cures all evils.




I'm in 2 minds about the socks; I could frog but the thought of starting all over sends me a bit crazy. I might just have to lump it and do a different pattern next time.

The lovely spun skein was going to be a beanie for Little Man, but I've decided that I might do a beanie for DH instead. It's not like it's a problem if I run out of yarn, I just spin some more!! I'm going to keep the colour au naturel (I just can't see DH getting about in the acid bright colours Kool-Aid produces) so just got to find a pattern. He likes plain, but I'd really like to do some cables. Maybe I will keep it plain so I can see how the yarn comes up. Can't wait!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blocking cures all evils.
It really does! Lace always looks like a pile of crap on the needles, but once you wet it and stretch it, it becomes a work of art, trust me :)

3:30 pm

 
Blogger Meg said...

In my short experience with lace (which did, I admit, include some serious frustration) the blocking resulted in an audible gasp of delight.

9:14 am

 
Blogger Elisabeth Lincoln said...

It'll be lovely!

5:38 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home