Friday, October 21, 2005

Treats for ME!

Well last night I came home to a FAB surprise - my Knitty SP package had arrived!!
Ooooooohhhhh!!!! Treats galore!!!!

I got some gorgeous handspun in 'Fire Engine' from Handpainted Yarn
Stitch markers made with a Scrabble piece (with a 'T' on them of course!)
A ball of flecky blue Plymouth Wildflower DK and a pattern for toddler socks
A little toy sheep for Little Man
A cute little soap with a frog on it
and Stickies in the shape of a T!!

I LURVE it all, can't wait to get started on the socks and now just have to figure out what I might make with the handspun. Mmmmm, so purty!! THANK YOU SP!!! YOU ROCK!!

Not much knitting being done at the moment, just a whole lotta work. But I do have this morning Little Man and DH free as they have driven off to our nations capital (Sydney is not the capital like everyone thinks it is, it's actually Canberra, the place where not much is happening. The story goes that Sydney and Melbourne were fighting over being the capital and the decision couldn't be made so they made it smack bang in the middle of the 2 cities. Or at least that's the story I know, considering Canberra is only 3 hour drive away and Melbourne is about 14 I think I may be wrong...). They're off to check out a car to buy so I have 5 hours of do whatever I like time. Hmmm, maybe some spinning, might sit down and watch Knitty Gritty (cause someone forgot to tape it for me last night while I was at work) (thank god for cable TV and it's love of repeating things over and over). Do you think I can keep myself busy enough to get out of cleaning the house?

Oh of course I almost forgot, spinning!


Better eh? I'm chuffed with it, I think I'm finally getting the hang of it. Can't wait to ply it, then I might have to dye it (hey that rhymes!).

Off to battle with these socks with the heel shaped toe...

4 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

Don't DH and Little Man realise that cars from Canberra are used to impossibly large turning radiuses (radii?), smooth 4-lane toll-free roads, and speed humps every 10 meters, except where the speed limit is 100? They also perform very poorly when there is at least one other car in sight.

7:21 pm

 
Blogger the stripey tiger said...

Taryn the spinning looks good!! Mine has been sorely neglected of late. You're right you did spot some Denises in my photos - I looove them, I can't imagine what I did pre-denise!! Your little man looks great in his school spirit BTW. Well done :-)

7:17 pm

 
Blogger Unknown said...

The sock looks great. I usually do toe up socks and I was SOOO confused that the directions for heels and toes were the same. It is so neat it works out.

3:55 am

 
Blogger celia said...

the spinning is going REALLY well! :) fantatstic! have a good time in melbourne, and don't forget to visit some yarn stores...

celia

11:21 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home