Sunday, October 30, 2005

Hereditary sweet tooth

After a very stressful day at work yesterday, I was very relieved to be getting today off.

And what does one do with a day off in the shopping capital of Australia? Well, firstly one goes looking for yarn stores then in finding said yarns stores closed, one goes looking for clothes...

.. and comes home with chocolate.

But in my defense, it's Green & Blacks... GREEN AND BLACKS PEOPLE. And I found it in Oxfam of all places, it's the first time I've seen it anywhere in Australia. I also found this little funky stacking toy for Little Man.




Notice a certain little hand sneaking off with the Green & Blacks? The boy has never even tasted chocolate yet he is strangley drawn to it. May have something to do with the white chocolate Lindt balls I consumed while I was pregnant. I only got lots of movement from him while eating the good stuff, he's got expensive taste my son has. And yes you are all too old for him.



The Opal socks are coming along. See the lovely view they have from our balcony?
I swatched for the Bulky Cabled Sweater the other night and found that it was about 2cm too narrow. Might go up a couple of needle sizes cause I'd really like to use the Silk Road Ultra (mainly cause it means I don't have to Invoke the Wrath of the other half by buying more yarn as I already have 3 balls of it here. Oh, do I need about 6 balls? Well what do you know...)

I've just looked down onto the floor and found my Denise's scattered all over it... deep breaths, calming deep breaths...

5 Comments:

Blogger Elisabeth Lincoln said...

Wow, what a gorgeous view your sock has there! The opal yarn looks fun to knit up.
I've never tried Green & Blacks, I'm going to have to set up a trade with someone. :-)
Take Care,
Liz

8:44 pm

 
Blogger the stripey tiger said...

Ohhh Nooooooooo!!!!!!!! I love my kids but it would be a tough choice if they didn't play nice with my Denises.....
I'm trying to work out, from the balcony shot, where your apartment is. Sock looks good! :-)

9:33 pm

 
Blogger the stripey tiger said...

Duh - Just realised it was Melbourne after trying desperately to make Pyrmont fit the picture but not quite managing...

9:39 pm

 
Blogger Rachael Elswyk said...

So you're a Green & Blacks pusher now? David Jones sells it too....Go for the white..OMG smooth.
Cool view BTW, lucky sock and it's jetsetting life. Is it going to the cup? or just in spirit?

9:19 am

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Socks look great. Sorry the yarn stores were closed, but chocolate sounds liek a good fill in.

9:35 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home