Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Four seasons in one day

We are braving the weather in sunny/rainy/stormy/windy/can't figure the hell out what kinda weather I want to be Melbourne. I am blown away (bwahaha) everytime I come down here by the freaky temperament that Mother Nature has in this city.

Not a huge amount of knitting has been done, being that I couldn't knit on the plane (DAMN YOU QANTAS AND AUSTRALIAN CUSTOMS PEOPLE IN GENERAL, opps sorry I feel better now. I won't, however, be feeling better after 24 hours on a plane next year and NO KNITTING) and due to work I have been only getting some knitting done in the evenings. So the Opal socks are coming along, they'd be coming along better if I had remembered to pack the pattern...

I also brought down my Jo Sharp Silk Road Ultra to cast on for Stefanie's Bulky Cabled Sweater. It is still sitting in the bag, but I'm hoping to swatch for it tomorrow night. I'm also hoping to check out some yarn stores, chances of that are pretty slim but I'm going to try my hardest to find a moment. I know there is a new-ish store somewhere in the city, not Marta's but something else. I can't find any info on it anywhere but I seem to remember being told about it on my knitting yahoo group. Anyone??

No pics today, but tomorrow my sock might make take in the water views from our balcony (of the docks, but at least it's water).

4 Comments:

Blogger the stripey tiger said...

Taryn, have fun in Melbourne! Is it AK traditions you are thinking of?? All those cool dolls and stuff? http://www.aktraditions.com/ I so think th needle thing on planes is ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

9:20 pm

 
Blogger celia said...

Jenny mentioned the Yarn Barn tonight. Apparently they have some rubbish you have to sort through but lots of good mill ends, etc sometimes too.

celia

10:56 pm

 
Blogger Pamela Lee said...

Clegs has a store in the city in Elizabeth Street, not far from Marta's. When I was there in July, their yarn section at the front of the store had some interesting yarns (Anny Blatt, Naturally, etc.) in addition to the more every day stuff they had listed on their website at the time.

Pamela

3:26 am

 
Blogger celia said...

I think the one you are talking about may be Marta's in the city

celia

9:30 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home