Monday, September 12, 2005

Socks for giants


Otherwise known as unfelted slippers.
Here is the first one, I wasn't sitting near any instructions for kitchener stitch at the time (I was watching star trek - I very well couldn't get up now could I?) so I did it backwards, sliding a purl stitch off the front needle rather than a knit. OPPS! ah well, felting hides a thousand sins. I'm knitting it in the lovely hot pink mohair/wool combo I uncurled a few weeks back. And again, I am making it 10 millions times harder but using a yarn with a different gauge, so every number in the pattern has to be calculated *grumble grumble*. At least it's a short pattern and all the revised numbers are done now so I don't have to do it again. I know how Wendy feels now, although I'm nowhere near talented enough to be making my own patterns like she is (check em out, they're too cute!)



Today my postie brought some joy in the form of rovings. One big bag of em. Very cool. My 'bring-me-some-yarn-postie' death stare didn't get a workout, but I'm sure there will be more opportunity to use it very soon.
Seems a shame to ruin that beautiful, pure white loveliness with my poor attempts at spinning, turning it into cat barf (as Amy aptly puts it). I hopefully will have a lesson tomorrow night, depending on the outcome you may or may not see the results on Wednesday.

1 Comments:

Blogger the stripey tiger said...

I've been meaning to make some of those slippers - [looking forward to seeing how they turn out! Love teh clapotis!! i have some silk garden and was wondering what to do with it and I was wanting to do clapotis and wondering what to do it out of - so a match - suggested by you - thanks :-)

6:59 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home