Saturday, August 20, 2005

Yay for SP5!

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high-end/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you? as long as it feels nice against my skin, i don't care

2. Do you spin? Crochet? crochet looks too damn hard, but I now have a spinning wheel that I'm dying to try out!

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.) eczema, hence the need for soooooft stuff

4. How long have you been knitting? learnt when I was about 8 (I'm now 29), did it on and off over the years and started again in earnest about 2 years ago

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? I do but it's not updated, I should update it huh!

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) I love smells that remind me of summer (jasmine, frangipani) and also citrus (neroli my absolute fave and bergamont is also yummy)

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? is the pope catholic and other such cliches?!

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I have a love for restoring furniture (not induldged in much these days due to Little Man - toddlers and power tools/paint stripper do not mix) I TRY to sew (not very well, yet I still ooogle over the designs in Ottobre magazine and go 'I could make that')

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like easy stuff - jamiroquai, john mayer, norah jones, I have 6000 songs in my itunes so it's pretty varied too.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? I love blues and naturals

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? there is me, my dh, our ds (18 months) our dog (george) and many fish (we call them 'the fishies')

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know) hmmmm, that's all a bit too deep for this time of morning

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? I really like angora, cottons, silk, anything natural really!

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? anything that squeaks, and I'm a bit over novelty stuff but I don't mind it when it's used as an accent in a tasteful way (the loopy scarf I've seen somewhere is an example)

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? socks! I love em, quick reward for minimum effort!

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? quick things, I am yet to try a bag but I'm looking forward to it

17. What are you knitting right now? a jumper (the MJ) I'm being good cause DH does the stern look if I pick anything up to knit cause he'd like to be able to wear his jumper before the end on winter (in, uh, 2 weeks time)

18. What do you think about ponchos? I'm a bit feh about them. I thought of doing one but the fad will be gone soon enough and I'll be left with something I won't wear

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? sometimes circs, sometimes straights, depends on the project. I am currently lusting after denise interchangeables tho

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? bamboo yummo, but then I don't mind aluminum, and plastic is ok too

21. Are you a sock knitter? I am now!

22. How did you learn to knit? my nana taught me

23. How old is your oldest UFO? it was the fuzzy orange bear (2 years) but now it's a stripey jumper from rowan that I have had for a bit more than 2 years. those damn arm holes are driving me nuts. the last time I went to work on it I put the arm on THE WRONG WAY UP!! as you can see my concentration was a bit off

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? I love grover (not really an animation but anyway)

25. What is your favorite holiday? deserted island, a good book and my DH & DS

26. Is there anything that you collect? home renovation magazines (in particular Living Etc, I have every mag since they started, I think over 5 years worth... one day I'll have my own house to use all that knowledge on!)

27. Any projects you want to make but haven't gotten there yet? where do I start? clapotis, rouge, slippers (soon), more socks, and every project I see everyday when I look at others blogs and start following links to things they have done.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Bear said...

oooooh how exciting!!!!
i'll have to have a think about things i want, i'm always looking at patterns and never at the yarn i should use with it!

12:58 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home